Estonian Academic Agricultural Society in 1920-1945
The AAS was established in 1920 in Tartu Univesity (reopened in 1919). Members of the Society were the students (up to 449 in 1928) as well as the lecturers of the Faculty of Agronomy. The objective of the extracurricular activities of the AAS was to prepare the students for their future profession. Publishing activities were of great importance – the Society’s journal (“Agronoomia”) was published and manuals were compiled. The AAS was liquidated by Soviet power in 1940.
Ten Years of the Academic Society of Agriculture
The Academic Agricultural Society was re-established in 1989. The journal of Agricultural Science has been published since 1990, five numbers per year. Since 1996 the scientific annual conferences have been organized and two issues of the Transactions of the EAA Society have been published. To appreciate the scientific work of the members of the EAA Society three honoraria have been given and the honorary members have been elected. There are more than 250 members of the EAA Society.
CAB International (UK) databases